Do you believe in the secrets of the law of attraction? Well, you definitely should! Many successful entrepreneurs and celebrities have been practicing it for years and have seen amazing results.
But first, what is the Law of Attraction?
It is a theory that basically says that you should positively brainwash yourself and not only start envisioning where you want to be in life but also start behaving as those desired changes have already occurred. According to this theory, with this positive mindset and these positive emotions, you will attract amazing opportunities that resonate with the life that you are envisioning.
An example, say that you are dreaming of becoming an entrepreneur and having your own start-up, then according to the law of attraction, you should behave like you already are. You wake up early in the morning and have a solid morning routine, you go to networking events even though you don’t have a business yet, you dress formally,… Well, you get the idea.
The following two theories explain why the Law of Attraction actually makes a lot of sense.
If you think about it, it’s all in your head… How well we perform and the positive consequences that go along with this performance are often more the result of a mental process than actual skills. If we are truly confident in our abilities and skills, then we will perform great. But it also goes the other way around. If we doubt ourselves, and we believe that we are going to fail, then we probably are going to fail. When we experience self-doubt, we will be less likely to step out of our comfort zone and take calculated risks and these will result in fewer opportunities. This is called the power of self-fulfilling prophecy.
Secondly, your thoughts affect and create your reality. It is a vicious cycle: your thoughts influence your feelings, your feelings influence your beliefs, your beliefs influence your actions, your actions will influence your results, these results will influence how you experience life and this reality will then again affect your thoughts, feelings, beliefs,… and so on.
The self-fulling prophecy and the interconnectedness between your thoughts and your reality explain why the Law of Attraction is that powerful and is not just another mumbo jumbo.
Now, how can you use the secrets of the law of attraction to attract amazing opportunities and achieve your personal goals in life?
The Secrets of The Law Of Attraction
Hands-down THE most important step to attracting amazing opportunities and manifesting your dream life is visualization. There are 2 important ‘rules’ here.
First, it is super important to dare to be ambitious and dream big. If you only envisioning safe options that are in hand reach, your life won’t change. The whole point of visualization is to attract opportunities and experiences that are so amazing that you never would have thought that these were possible for you. So dig deep and ask yourself what you would love your life to look like if anything was possible.
Secondly, visualizing doesn’t mean just you imagining your dreams vaguely. You have to go way further than that by becoming crystal clear with yourself and writing down your dream life as detailed as possible on a piece of paper. Be specific and concrete. Where do you live? Who are you living with? How are you gaining money? Which hobbies do you have? Do you have pets? What does your morning look like?
2. One of the Secrets of the Law of Attraction is Repetition
The key that makes visualization that powerful is repetition. You have to visualize it over and over again, in order for you to actually start living this reality. The easiest way is to make it as visual as possible. A few ideas:
- Make a vision or mood board with pictures that represent the life you are dreaming to have (for example pictures of the job you want, the places you want to travel to, the house you want to live in, a degree that you want to obtain,…). Be creative! Now, display it on a wall so you can remind yourself every single day about these life goals you want to achieve.
- You can also put an inspirational wallpaper on the background of your phone and/or laptop. But again, it shouldn’t be just an inspirational quote, it should be something mentioning or representing specifically the goals you want to achieve
- Another powerful way to envision your future is to create positive affirmations that you tell yourself the first thing when you wake up every day. It should be in the present tense! A few examples:
- I am creating the life I desire and I don’t stop until I have achieved it
- I attract amazing opportunities in my life
- I am successful and have limitless potential to achieve whatever I want to achieve
3. Be strategic with where you spend your time and attention to
- Surround yourself as often as possible with people that you admire and who inspire you. You will learn so much from them. Plus often these people will be able to open the door for you, introduce you to the right people and give you valuable advice when you need it.
- Never stop learning. Watch Ted Talks, listen to podcasts, read books, follow courses, but be strategic about them. Ask yourself which books, courses, podcasts, and YouTube videos will help you become the person you want to become and create the life that you want to have.
- Don’t hesitate to invest in yourself. Even if a course is a little more on the expensive side, see it as ‘financial accountability’. The more you pay for something, the more likely it is that you will take this course very seriously and actually end up following through with it. The same thing with coaches or mentors. The things that these coaches or mentors will teach you (for example letting go of limiting beliefs, becoming more self-aware, overcoming a certain behavior you have,…) is just priceless.
- Be strategic and always see the opportunity in things. If you’re talking to someone interesting at a party, ask for their business card or add them on LinkedIn. You never know when this person will be able to help you or if you will be able to help this person in the future.
4. Becoming aware of your limiting beliefs and challenging them
When the law of resistance is bigger than the law of attraction then your dreams won’t manifest themselves. The law of resistance is all about the limiting beliefs you have. These are the fearful and anxious voices that you’re hearing, that are trying to convince you that you aren’t competent or good enough to put yourself out there or to try something new. Look, these voices really aren’t protecting you, they are preventing you from growing and reaching your true potential.
It is crucial to realize that these limiting beliefs aren’t the true reality. These are just your negative perceptions of reality. So don’t just believe everything that you are thinking, challenge them. Ask yourself, what are the things that you have been wanting to do for a long time, but you’re too scared to do it? What is the worst thing that could happen? But what is the best thing that could happen? A thought is just a thought. If you don’t feed and nurture that thought and don’t identify yourself with it, you can prevent it from turning into a feeling, then into a belief, and so on.
Start believing actively that you can create the dreamlife you are envisioning for yourself. Have confidence and faith in yourself and your abilities. Taking decisions out of an insecure and anxious mindset will just keep you inside your comfort zone forever.
Think about all the struggles you have overcome in your life and give yourself credit for it. I absolutely recommend assigning an empty notebook you aren’t currently using as your ‘victory book’, where you can write about all your big and small accomplishments and celebrate them. You are an amazing, intelligent, and competent person and you have the power to break this vicious cycle of limiting thoughts that don’t serve you and are holding you back from your true potential.
5. Selective attention
Even though it seems that we can decide on which things we pay attention to, unconsciously our mind chooses to pay attention to those things that confirm our current beliefs. All the beliefs we have, are collected in something that is called our ‘paradigm’ and lives in our subconscious mind.
Every single day we experience thousands and thousands of signals and pieces of information and in order not to become totally crazy, our mind has its ‘processing room’ to filter those and only let in the most relevant information. Since our mind loves the state of alignment, it will avoid as much as possible the information that contradicts and doesn’t resonate with our existing paradigm, since this would create discrepancies. This aligned information will then reinforce the beliefs that we are already thinking about. In other words, our mind functions like a magnet and will attract information with similar energy.
That is why it is so incredibly important to control the thoughts we are having. Try to focus on all the good and all the opportunities in your life. And even if things are not going well, try to really see difficult situations and failures as a learning opportunity. Because in the end, the things that you’re focusing on, you will end up attracting more of in your life.
This is why for example some people that are so hopelessly in love, just don’t seem to ‘see’ that their relationship with their partner is dysfunctional and toxic. Unconsciously, they have this belief that their partner is THE one, that their mind just seems to ignore all the obvious signs that show this isn’t true.
Another example, imagine that you decided overnight to become vegan. When you’re walking through the city, you will now see all these amazing vegan restaurants that you would love to go to. It is not that these vegan restaurants magically appeared the moment you became vegan. These obviously were already there for years. The only thing that changed, is that you only started to pay attention to them now. Veganism now resonates with your beliefs and hence, your mind considers these restaurants as relevant information.
You can use this selective attention process and make it actually work in your favor. Once you have established and solidified positive and ambitious beliefs about yourself, this selective attention will make sure that you will only pay attention to those specific elements in your experiences that confirm and reinforce your positive beliefs.
In other words, by visualizing your dream life on a consistent basis, you will positively brainwash yourself and start experiencing the selective attention that actually serves you. This will then create a totally other cycle of positive thoughts that turn into your new, successful reality and you will now discover all these tools, websites, people, and opportunities that will help you create the lifestyle that you are envisioning for yourself and you totally didn’t even notice before. And that, my friends, is exactly what the Law of Attraction does.
So remember that you HAVE the power to become so much more than you allow yourself to be. You are the only person that is holding you back.
- How to Find Your True Passion in Life
- How to be Assertive without Feeling Guilty
- How To Stop Procrastination And Start Achieving Your Goals
- How to Create a Balanced Life
Do you believe in the Law of Attraction? Let me know in the comments! 🙂
Very motivational and inspirational post! The first time I heard about the Law of Attraction was from the movie ”The Secret”. Have you seen it? Your post really reminded me about it!
I’m glad you liked it! 🙂
And no I haven’t seen that movie, will definitely put it on my ‘to-watch’ list!
Thanks for the tip 🙂
Good read even though I’m aware of this topic. Will forward it to friends that need this valuable info. We can all influence our future.
I’m very much up in the air about the law of attraction. I believe that we can use affirmations to destroy limiting beliefs and I believe in the power of I statements and believing in yourself and being empowered, confident and the growth mindset, but I still struggle with the law of attraction. To me, it sounds like some sort of magic in the air that you will be blessed with if you play your cards right. Therefore I’m still thinking about this one. I think I need to study it a bit more before I can make a decision whether it is something I really believe in.
The law of attraction is literally the definition of a life hack.
The hardest part about the law of attraction based on my experience is eliminating any bit of doubt of yourself that you have. But once you get over it – it’s pure magic 🙂
Very informative and spot on. I’ve had people comment “You’ve led such an interesting life and you’ve done so many things.” I always respond, “It’s because I’m willing to try – that’s all it is.” That’s why #4 is so important. See yourself succeeding and then take the step. Lao-Tzu said, “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” So take it.
And commit. Whatever you decide to do, go for it wholeheartedly. Mr. Miyagi said, “Walk left side of road – safe. Walk right side of road – safe. Walk middle of road, sooner or later get squished just like grape.”
This is the firs time I’ve heard about the law of attraction. Thanks for sharing this with us, and for the inspirational talk. We all need it during these testing times.